The units include:
Unit 1 Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness A/616/7499 2
- Open-book Online 50 question multiple-choice exam. The pass mark is 35 / 50 (70%) and you have 1 hour 45 minutes to complete it.
You can sit your exam online on a date/time of your choosing via remote proctor software. Please note there is an additional fee for any resits.
To book your exam or see planned theory exam assessment dates click here.
You can re-sit an exam as many times as needed, however CMS Fitness Courses has a responsibility to ensure that teaching and learning occur in between each exam to promote learner development and quality of delivery. Re-sit fees are £25 per exam.
Unit 2 Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors Worksheet
- Assignment – Personal and professional development plan to include:
- Training needs analysis
- Personal Development Plan
Unit 3 Health and safety in the fitness environment M/616/7502 2
- Health and safety in a fitness environment worksheet
- Assignment – Risk assessment, maintenance checks and handover
Unit 4 Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change A/616/7504 2
- Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change worksheet
- Assignment – Health promotion – the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- Video Assessment – Modular Summative Observation of Client Consultation and Programme Delivery
Unit 5 Planning and instructing gym-based exercise F/616/7505 2
- Video assessment – Modular Summative Observation of Client Consultation
- Video assessment – Modular Summative Observation of a Group Induction
- Video assessment – Summative Observation of a single person programme delivery
It is expected that the Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing will take up to 4-6 months to complete, depending on how many hours you complete per week and your rate of learning.
You will have access to certain units and resources in a specific order allowing you to ensure you complete your learning and assessments in the most logical sequence ensuring your continual progression. A typical pathway is shown below:
|Induction||Welcome email and tutor phone call to introduce and induct you to ourhigh-quality digital technology learning platform.|
|Month||Live Webinar||Unit 1||Unit 2||Unit 3||Unit 4||Unit 5|
|1||Revise and complete learning resources||Revise and complete learning resources|
|2||A&P Learning review Introduction to Unit 4/5||Revise and complete learning resources||Complete and submit assessment||Revise and complete learning resources|
|3||Sit mock exam and contact CMS to book your real exam||Complete and submit assessment||Revise and complete learning resources||Revise and complete learning resources|
|4||Unit 4/5 review and Mentor Support Webinar||Complete and submit worksheet assessment and client consultation||Revise and complete learning resources|
|5||Complete and submit group induction modular assessment|
|6||Unit 4/5 review and Mentor Support Webinar||Complete and submit modular summative observation and evaluation worksheet|
To enroll on the Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing qualification you need to:
- Be at least 16 years old
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at level 2 (as a minimum).
In addition, to complete the 100% online pathway you will:
- Complete the course over a duration and speed that suits you
- Have 24/7 access to our high-quality digital technology learning platform and regular support from your personal tutor
- Learning can be completed in your own time and at your own pace but the attendance of some live webinar sessions is required
- Need to have access to a commercial/professional gym environment
- Be required to complete all practical delivery sessions within a gym setting
- Need to have access to a video camera/smart phone to record some of your assessments